- - EUBrasil Association promoted a working group meeting with the objective of following the orange juice, ethanol and sugar sectors to illustrate some trade barriers between Brazil and the European Union (EU). The negotiations for a Free Trade Agreement between Mercosur and the EU were discussed during the debate. Around 30 participants attended the event. Brussels, April.
- - Congresswoman Jô Moraes, president of the Foreign Affairs and National Security Commission, and Congressman Eduardo Barbosa, president of the Brazil-EU Parliamentarian Group, signed the membership form at a meeting with representatives of EUBrasil in Brasilia. Brasília, March.
- - XXII Fórum Brasil- Europe – Partners in World Politics is the main theme of the XXII Forum Brazil-Europe organised by the Konrad Adenauer Foundation, in cooperation with the Brazilian Parliamentary Group for EU-Brazil Relations, the Delegation of the European Union to Brazil, the University of Brasília, and with support of EUBrasil and InfoRel. Brasília, March.
- - Citrosuco, the largest orange juice producer in the world, joins EUBrasil Association as a business member. Brussels, February.
- - The Association released the conclusions of the study “Enhancing Economic and Financial Ties between Brazil and the European Union”, during the meeting of the European Parliament’s Delegation for Relations with Brazil. Brussels, February.
- - EUBrasil releases the report “Enhancing economic and financial ties between Brazil and the European Union”, conducted by the association with 27 important and strategic Brazilian and European companies. Brussels, December.
- - EUBrasil holds the networking event 2nd Friends of EUBrasil. Brussels, December.
- - EUBrasil offered a cocktail to MEPs, diplomats and CEOs at the European Parliament to celebrate the newly created Delegation for Relations with Brazil and welcome the new president of the Delegation for Relations with Mercosur, Francisco Assis MEP. Brussels, October.
- - EUBrasil closes a partnership with B.BICE+, the international cooperation project of the European Commission that aims to support dialogues in science, technology and innovation between Brazil and the European Union. Brussels, June.
- - EUBrasil holds its first networking event “Friends of EUBrasil”. The keynote speaker was Viviane Reding, the Vice-President of the European Commission (EC) and Commissioner responsible for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship. The Head of the Mercosur Division’s at the European External Action Service (EEAS), Adrianus Koetsenruijter, also delivered a speech. Brussels, June.
- - EUBrasil launches its new website. Brussels, May.
- - The EUBrasil Board of Directors meets Carlo Pettinato, Deputy Head of Unit Latin America in the Directorate General for Trade, European Commission. Brussels, March.
- - The EUBrasil settles into its new headquarters, located in the Residence Palace, Rue de la Loi, 155. Brussels, March.
- - Promotion of the book “Enhancing the Brazil-EU Strategic Partnership – From the bilateral and regional to the global”, in partnership with the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS). Brussels, December.
- - Launch of the study: “Digital Economy in Brazil and in Europe: Recent Developments” in partnership with the Cullen International Institute. Brussels, November.
- - Dinner event with Members of the European Parliament. Brussels, November.
- - Dinner event focusing on Brazil-EU dialogues and the EU-CELAC Summit. Brussels, February.
- - Seminar on the “Society of Information and Media Dialogue in the Brazil-EU Relationship”. Brussels, November.
- - “Brazil-EU Dialogue on the Regulation of International Telecommunications and Information and Communications Technology of the 21st Century” Seminar. Brasília, August.
- - Official entry of Members of the Brazilian National Congress, including Senators and Deputies.
- - Meeting with a Brazilian parliamentary delegation on a mission in the European Union with the aim of strengthening relations between Mercosur and the EU. Brussels, July.
- - Participation as Major Sponsor of the 5th Brazil-EU Business Summit organized by BUSINESSEUROPE, the National Confederation of Industry – Brazil (CNI), The Federation of Enterprises in Belgium (VBO-FEB) and EUROCHAMBRES. The Business Summit develops recommendations that are addressed to the EU Heads of State and Brazil – the President of the European Commission José Manuel Barroso, European Council President Herman Van Rompuy and the Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff – who participated in the event. Brussels, October.
- - Dinner event with European Trade Commissioner Karel de Gucht. Brussels, June.
- - EUBrasil Summit: “A Digital Agenda for Brazil” at BITS (CeBit). Porto Alegre, May.
- - Participation in the ceremony of awarding the former President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva the title of doctor honoris causa from the Universidade de Coimbra. Coimbra, March.
- - Dinner-debate with Ambassador Ana P. Zacarias, Head of the European Commission Delegation in Brazil. Brussels.
- - Publication of the document “Strategic Brazil-EU partnership, three years later: Proposals to promote business and economic cooperation”, produced jointly with the NCI and BusinessEurope. Brussels.
- - The expansion of the Association began with the joining of Members of European Parliament (MEPs).
- - Dinner-debate on Energy with the former Director-General of the European Commission (EC): DG Energy, Philip Lowe and Head of the Brazilian Mission to the European Union, Ricardo Neiva Tavares. Brussels, December.
- - Organization of the “Latin America-EU Symposium on ICT Regulation” in partnership with Madariaga Foundation and Cullen International. Brussels, November.
- - The Advisory Board was created with the aim to advise the Board of Directors on points of interest to the Association, as well as producing studies and strategic documents. Brussels, September.
- - Seminar at the European Parliament on Brazil-EU cooperation in the area of Information and Communications Technology. Brussels, September.
- - Dinner on economic issues with David O’Sullivan and Head of the Brazilian Mission to the European Union, Ricardo Neiva Tavares. Brussels, July.
- - EUBrasil began cooperation with the Brazil-Europe Group of the Brazilian Congress.
- - Participation in the third Brazil-EU Summit. Stockholm, October.
- - Co-organisation of the event “Brazil and the European Union – Challenges and Perspectives on External Trade”, in partnership with Apex-Brasil. Brasília, August.
- - 10th February 2008 marks the official founding date of the EUBrasil Association in Brussels.
- - In October, EUBrasil signed an academic-scientific cooperation protocol with the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- - Organization of the workshop “The Future of EU-Brazil Relations” with the presence of the Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva and the Vice-President of the Italian Council of Ministers, Massimo D’Alema. Brussels, July.
- - The process for the establishment of the Association received a boost in July of 2007 in Brussels with the support of the Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva at the “Brazil and Europe: Borders of the future” seminar which hosted members of the Brazilian government as well as many European businessmen.
The Association EUBrasil started in 2004, as Luigi Gambardella’s idea. At the time, Gambardella was the Vice-President of Telecom Italia Group – Relations with the European Institutions. EUBrasil was born with an aim to promote a consistent and permanent dialogue between businessmen and decision makers from the European Union and Brazil.